Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - About to buy an 02 1.4 petrol scenic

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
About to buy an 02 1.4 petrol scenic

Hi all,

I have been offered an 02 Scenic with 43K miles for 8,000 euro straight cash from Auto Exchange. Three owners and the last owner a lady. This has 12 months warranty which is comprehensive enough and covers more than the engine and all their cars pass the AA 101 point check list.

What should I be looking out for.

From what I gather they are prone to electrical problems mostly. I am handy with electronics and computers as its my profession and know more about electronics than mechanics. From what I gather the 1.4 2002 petrol range are reliable enough mechanically.

After reading online for hours there seems to be a lot of anti Renault people out there. However I don't believe everything I read as some people just repeat what they hear and don't have facts to back up their statements. Any constructive comments from other forums advising contacting this forum.

I have driven the car and like it. It feels very solid and a comfy ride. Ive always had Toyotas but I really liked the feel of this car and the interior has more to offer than my last Corolla.

I'm not worried about resale value as I would intend to have the car for a good few years.

Any comments from '02 Scenic owners before I hand over the cash?

I don't have a trade in option as unfortunately my last car was written off last week and I need a replacement very quickly. I do long journeys a few times a year often 500 miles round trip at a time and this will be an important factor as well as my millage clocks up quickly.

Thanks guys, maybe I will have the car when I post next.
  5 Lastest Threads by QUEMLAR
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio 2 - Non-Start And Poor Running*FIXED* Clio hondo 22 5751 2nd July 2008 10:23 PM
About to buy an 02 1.4 petrol scenic Cars & motoring charliepirate 5 1253 24th December 2007 02:24 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome