Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio MK II bonnet - stuck shut

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio MK II bonnet - stuck shut

I just had a similar problem with the bonnet. It was stuck, because the thing going into the latch got misaligned. Had to loosen the bonnet to realign and get it open again. Full narrative:

I was on the highway, and the bonnet suddenly was in my face. Lluckily - and because of snow - no damage to the windshield. I had to close it rather quickly to get off the highway, so I closed it even though it didn't go right in.

Trying to open it later, it was completely stuck. Tried with a friend pulling the open mechanism and lots of other stuff (grabbing the bonnet and trying to force it open), but no luck. Really frustrating.

Went to scrapyard to get a new hood, because the original got some scratches after the highway incident. By taking the one from the scrapyard, I noticed how the bonnet is attached to hinges with two 10mm screws in each side. Btw. a replacement bonnet fits in the backseat of a 5 door Clio II :-)

So I got my hand below the bonnet right beside the windshield and managed to slowly loosen the two bolts in one side. Then I could slide the bonnet a bit around and managed to get it open by pulling the latch from inside the car. Got it cleaned, greaset and realignet, now it works like a charm.
Currently in andersfromdk's garage:
Clio II, 1.5 2008
The Following User Says Thank You to andersfromdk For This Useful Post:
A55ii (1st February 2016)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome