Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2001 Dynamique - Brakes juddering

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 24th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Dave,

It is most definately a broken ABS ring. This was indeed the problem with my son-in-laws Clio.

If you jack the car up and remove the wheel, could be either side of course, you will be able to see the ABS ring on the outer CV Joint of the driveshaft. You will need to carefully check all around the toothed ring for any teeth missing or visible cracks on the ring.

In my case the o/s ABS ring was actually rotten through at one point and lifting off the CV joint.

Too difficult a repair for my "kerbside motors" so I had the local garage replace both front rings for good measure along with a new set of discs and pads. Job done.

Repair cost was around £150 including parts though I must add the local garage owner is a personal friend of mine which I'm sure helped a bit.

I must apologise for not updating this forum post but was short of time at the time in question and then it slipped my mind.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Currently in Mitchell_M's garage:
2009 Laguna 1.5dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome