Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Windscreen washers Not Working

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 24th December 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to root-two
Originally Posted by redfox View Post
Thanks for this info madnoel10 I will have ago today to try and sort this annoying problem out.
There have been a couple of threads about things like buggered screenwash pumps over the past few days. If you use the search facility, you'll find some useful posts from madnoel10 and (if memory serves) vass20 - these should be more than enough to help you diagnose the problem.

• If you're getting a whirring noise from the pump but no fluid coming through, then its likely that the pump impellor has gone, in which case you need a new pump (costs about a tenner plus VAT from GSF)
  • If you're getting absolutely nothing then it's worth checking any relevant fuses (as mentioned above) and the power connector to the pump.
  • If you're getting lots of whirring and a dribble of liquid, then it could be that the pump/bottle is full of gunge. madnoel10's tips above are just what you need.

No idea how you'd check the pump out on a Lag though ... getting at the one in the Clio was tricky enough that I had the garage do it (couldn't shift the wipers ) - cost me 50 parts, labour and VAT for a replacement.

Currently in root-two's garage:
1999 Clio 1.2RN Grande (D7F)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome