Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - About to buy an 02 1.4 petrol scenic

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 24th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Hi Quemlar - the 1.4 Scenic whilst being comfortable is very much underpowered and are usually issued under the Motability Scheme. The power to weight ratio is somewhat poor and therefore the engine has to work harder and in some cases not as fuel friendly as the bigger engines. The gearbox ratios are also much lower to cope with the less available power - if it were me buying I would go for nothing less than a 1.6 Litre
Well folks, I took the plunge and got the car today so I am now a Renault owner. Had to drive 270 miles today to go home for Christmas and I was very pleased with the performance, the on board computer reported 30MPG which is better than my Corrolla was doing. Very comfy ride and I like the high driving position. All the electrics are working 100%, I like the sunroofs and having A/C for the summer will be a bonus. Touch wood I won't have any problems with it. The warranty is very comprehensive so I have peace of mind. Definitely a better performer than my 00 corolla which had done 120K miles and was consuming a lot of oil and petrol and the engine was starting to make nasty grinding sounds.

I found one flaw with the car so far, the left rear speaker seems to have a blown coil . Not a major issue and something I can sort myself. I will mention it to the dealer though.

Happy Christmas to everyone and hope to talk to you soon.

Chris AKA Quemlar.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome