Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electric Window Fault

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 26th December 2007
Renault Senior Tech
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by nickb23 View Post
Hi All,

It seems that the passenger door electric window has died on my just out of warranty 54 Scenic. My wife had noticed that the window slightly open yesterday, and when she tried to close it - nothing....
I had a look at it last night, and found that the window can be easily opened and closed with my hands. I also noticed there is a strange "boing" sound when I do try and use the electric window button. So there is power going to it. I thought the next step I should take is taking the internal door panel off, but I dont have a clue how to do that.. No-one seems to sell the haynes manual in Central London, so I have to try and get to a Halfords sometime soon.

I also called up my local Renault dealer, who said to him it sounded like the regulator, and it would cost about 320 to fix!!!!

In the meantime, how do I take the panel off the door? Any help would be greatly appreceated.
your window regulator has 100% gone we replace them day in day out. the plastic glass holder has probably broken up. there is a tech note out for them, a modified one with a screw, so see if its effected. if your cars under 4 years old renault will pay, even if its out of its 3year warranty or over 60k.
Currently in clio141's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome