Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Bodywork - Rear Screen Failures on Sport Tourer Versions

View Single Post
post #62 of (permalink) Old 27th December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I rang my insurers this morning, and it turns out that they didn't offer windscreen cover until recently (i.e. after I took out my policy and didn't notice...), so I have to foot the bill myself.
For information, these are the quotes I have received for repair (all inc. VAT and fitting):

Autoglass: 452.93 callout, 433.36 if I go to them, including 20% discount for RAC membership (!).

National Windscreens: 384.81 (must be done in workshop due to complexity of process)

Renault main dealer: 340 (but can't get the glass until at least 31st December).

I have decided to go with National Windscreens, as they can do it this afternoon, whereas the cheaper Renault option would ruin my plans for New Year.

I will be switching insurers in June, even though Quinn now offer windscreen cover. If you're with Norwich/AA/RAC etc. you can use Autoglass without having to contact the insurance company yourself - they do all the paperwork and even get all the glass out of the car.

Hope this info helps someone!
Currently in Stormy's garage:
2001 Laguna II Sport Tourer 1.9dCi Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome