Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #231 of (permalink) Old 27th December 2007
Dream Police
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Today I joined the not particularly exclusive 'Corroded sensor snapped off club' when having a few tyres changed!

I came home and looked on here as this site has been very useful in the past There seemed to be a huge difference in what people were paying to get this sorted out so I phoned my 2 closest Renault Stealers, erm, I mean dealers.

Waters Garage in Letchworth, Herts quoted me 135+VAT for a new sensor or 105+VAT to disable the system.

Not wanting to pay that much I phoned Wests Garage in Cambridge, they quoted 111+VAT for a new sensor but only 38.19+VAT to disable the system!

Ok, so Ive got to drive 5 miles further to get it done but a saving of nearly 70 quid!!!!!

This whole tyre sensor business has been annoying me for ages, its completely neurotic when it gets wet or cold or if a tyre pressure drops by 1psi so I will be glad to see the back of it
Currently in Dream Police's garage:
2001 Laguna 1.8 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome