Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Buying Advice

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 27th December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by saabguy View Post
Hi to all, i'm considering buying a phase 2 Laguna estate with a Dci engine. Could current owners please give me a list of things to look out for when checking out a prospective car. It would seem the tyre pressure sensors and panel illumination are concerns but are there other common problems to look out for and how easy/expensive are they to rectify? Does going for a loaded Initiale spec make sense or am i just asking for trouble with so much electrics?

Any help offered will be gratefully received.
I bought a 2003 initiale 1.9Dci in August 2006. I bought it then searched the web for things and was worried when I saw all the negative reports on it. Turbo failure, EGR valves, etc. I bought an aftermarket warrenty but the car has gone beautifully for the 16 months and 28,000 miles that I have used it.
The bad things I can report are the key cards... why a card? and the battery, my battery has let me down a couple of times and it is only 4 years old.
For the price, the car is excellent, the spec (especially on the initiale model) not matched by anything twice the price. well, maybe citroen.
I really love the car, good looks, good spec, reasonable mpg (about 47 mpg). plenty of power for my caravan. I could go on, and I will, loads of space, mine the estate model, oh...
another bad thing... dunno if it was my tyres.. this car was the worst I have driven in snowy/icy conditions. I didnt have drive, brakes, or steering, yet other cars seemed to be doing ok. changed tyres now, but not tryed in the snow.

good luck with your purchase
Currently in xant14's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 1.9dci initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome