Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Given up the ghost

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Given up the ghost

I last posted regarding electrical problems with my Laguna 11, 2.0, 16v. 2002 model. Having been plagued with electrical faults since I bought the car new, I complained to my dealer that the car was now out of warranty and the problems were getting worse and not better. To their credit they had the car in and just about replaced everything possible at Renaults expense, not mine. I was told that nothing further could be done and should the problems persist then that was that.

I called in an auto-electrician who found several little, but potentially dangerous, faults. He put them right but the car still flattened the battery within 24 hours. The electrician visited my house several times to get the car going and try to identify the cause. His prognosis eventually was that the car, to all intents and purposes was electrically perfect, but somewhere in its innards was a major fault and to seriously consider selling it. I did so within a couple of days.

I liked the car a lot, it was perfect for my needs. I think Renault have let themselves down by building a beautiful looking car with all the extras of a luxury car but unfortunately used the cheapest, nastiest parts they could source. I know they are to keep the costs down but what price the loss of customer good faith. I have not bought another Renault, nor will I consider one again.

I continue to look at the forums on an almost daily basis in the fond hope that I wll see some sign that Renault have seen the light.

I can only say that I am very disappointed to have parted with a car that I liked, and having driven Fords for many years, I was pleased to have found such a stylish replacement.

Shame on you Renault.
  5 Lastest Threads by Bob
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Given up the ghost Cars & motoring Benny 1 788 27th February 2006 03:54 PM
Laguna Initiale 2 dead - battery perfect Electronics Bob 14 3153 10th November 2005 11:47 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome