Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna I - Phase 2 - Heating and Cooling - Heater Fan 1,2,& 3 speed not working + FIX

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 27th February 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna thermal fuse - follow up.....

My son had this problem on his 'phase 1' about 4 months ago and 'my' solution to it was for all practical purposes identical - (got an RS account which helps when getting awkward bits like thermal fuses!).

My point is however, that thermal fuses are there for a reason, i.e protection when things get too hot - which in this system probably means poor or diminished airflow, ( given the resistor pack is 'naked' and housed directly in the main blower pipe to keep it cool).

While you've got the glove-box out it only takes an extra 10 minutes to uncouple the blower motor ( up against near-side panel) and check inside the housing and entry / exit pipe(s) for debris.....of which there was quite a bit on my son's Laguna.......mainly dry leaves.

This seems to be so common that maybe this fault is worthy of a few jpgs to point people in the right direction.

Perhaps we could set up a source for 110'c thermal fuses !!

Currently in spirochete's garage:
Jaguar V8 Sport / Mercedes 'E" / Laguna 1.8RT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome