Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Head Gasket Replacement*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 28th December 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi bob,

Yes thats very useful information. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has found the pedals a bit weird! Yes I know the feeling of the powered clutch - I drive citroen berlingos at work and the clutch on those is ver light. The megane makes me feel like I'm driving a dinosaur and I frequently find myself readjusting my left foot or pulling the stick out of gear so I can bring the pedal fully up before pressing down again.

The brakes are great as you say. Very strong, however I've noticed on our megane that the sharpness of the brakes seems to vary wildly. Sometimes they're extremely sharp (to the point that the car is almost on it's nose) and other times it seems to take about 1/3rd more effort on the pedal.

The accelerator is the weirdest one though when combined with the clutch. When struggling with the clutch (finding the biting point is a little awkward with it being so stiff) the accelerator pedal being so stiff tends to lead me to over power the engine as you have to press quite hard before the engine picks up. Vey strange (but I still love that car - as grumpy as it is, I've become very attached to it!).

Thanks for the info on the oil leak and the HG - I noticed that it was there quite a while back but for some stupid reason didn't think much of it and continued to push that poor little car rather hard.

I'll add the pump onto the list of replacement parts. I'm also hunting for another radiator too and 3x engine block mounts (replaced one but the other 2 were iffy - now the shaking is back I think we'll just do the whole overhaul if we can lift the block out).

Thanks for your help!
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome