Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II won't start - ABS warning

View Single Post
post #101 of (permalink) Old 3rd February 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna II won't start - ABS warning

Right. I apologise for the previous few posts. They may well have been false alarms.

I've driven it tonight and the temperature gauge does I suspect the last few drives i've only clocked it while I started out (likely) so the engine was cold anyway. The heater gets hot...everything works like it should once the car is running.

The intriguing thing is that again, on first attempt the car wouldn't start. I got out, and used the fuel primer bulb again (as I have done several times before when I got it to fire), and then the car started. I don't know if it would have stalled or not as I had my foot on the accelerator to avoid stalling because I don't want to kill a new battery with numerous failed startups if I can help it.

Is that likely to be coincidence, or does it suggest an issue with the fuel system? It seems strange to me that it doesn't have a problem once it's running so it doesn't seem logical that it could be a fuel issue...but I'm often wrong when it comes to cars (as demonstrated in previous posts!).

I haven't got much hair left as it is, but I can almost feel it falling out day by day...
Currently in themosttogain's garage:
2005 Laguna (Phase II) 1.9 DCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome