Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Recommend me some bulbs

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 29th December 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to root-two
Originally Posted by Ne1l View Post
I've really just noticed how poor my standard bulbs are in my 2005 Laguna!!
Don't worry, the standard bulbs on the Clio are pretty gutless too

Obviously Halfords sell 'Ultrabright' bulbs cheap but I guess they are cheap for a reason?
Halfords 'Superbrilliance' get a good writeup in AutoExpress - I fitted a set to the Clio and then took her for a spin around the lanes last night. Main beam is a huge improvement, and whilst high beam doesn't quite cause trees and small creatures to spontaneously combust it's fairly close The 'quality' of light is very good for a filament bulb, very 'white' - it's almost, but not quite, on a par with the high-brightness LED lights (35W equivalent) I use for cycling - no idea how it the Halfords bulbs compare with HID or xenon bulbs though, as I have no personal experience of these.

The bulbs I purchased are safe for use with plastic lenses, although this may or may not be an issue with the Lag.

Also helps that Halfords have got a BOGOF on their own brand bulbs at the moment, meaning that the pair cost me 15 quid

Currently in root-two's garage:
1999 Clio 1.2RN Grande (D7F)

Last edited by root-two; 29th December 2007 at 01:14 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome