Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - lost key card - silly scenario now!*fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th December 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to spottedhaggis Send a message via Skype™ to spottedhaggis
lost key card - silly scenario now!*fixed*

Hi all.

I have managed to lose my one and only key card for my laguna II. Cant find it anywhere.

I have read loads of posts in this forum and others and all seem to say the same thing.

1. The card is already programmed with a unique ID number
2. You program the car to allow the card to be used, not program the card to be used in the car
3. The car needs to be at the garage for this to be achieved.

I know this may seem a real silly question, but if I have a locked car outside my house, and no key to unlock it, how in the hell do I get the car to the garage to have a new replacement key setup in thecar, more importantly, assuming I do get the car to the garage how does anyone get into the car to start the process off?

Sounds like a daft question, but I cant see how this can be done.

I think I may be screwed, and my wife is already having a fit over the 140 the dealer wants me to pay for a new card, on top of this I have to pay for whatever it will cost to get the car to them and them into the car.

I just dont get it.
Currently in spottedhaggis's garage:
2002 Laguna 1.9 DCI Privilege....and is loving every second of it
  5 Lastest Threads by spottedhaggis
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
engne over heat now whistling Engines Ralph 2 1348 10th July 2010 03:21 PM
Right brake light issue Electronics spottedhaggis 2 1623 17th May 2010 01:59 PM
weird stereo related issue Electronics Horatio 2 1481 15th March 2010 10:13 PM
Vauxhall Corsa - Gear Selection Problem Other makes martyboi 14 7919 14th November 2009 03:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome