Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Roof Bar Advice

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 30th December 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to root-two
Try Thule roof rack & cycle rack systems - I bought a set of Thule roof-bars and a bike carrier from them. They have a configurator on their website, and I can confirm that their bars will fit on a 3dr Clio (a MkII, at any rate)

Fitting the bars is pretty straightforward (no special tools needed) but it's vitally important that you get the right foot kit for your car, and the configurator will help you do that. The website has fitting manuals too, so you can get a feel for what's involved.

FWIW, I bought the following bits:
  • Rapid-mount gutterless footpack (Product Code: 750)
  • Rapid-mount roof-bars (120cm) (Product Code: 761)
  • Fitting kit - Renault Clio 98- (Product Code: 1119 - THIS IS THE IMPORTANT BIT!)
  • Set of 4 locks for 750/950 system (Product Code: 544 - the 950 system is for the aerodynamic bars, I think)

Total cost, about 100 including VAT and delivery. I strongly advise getting the lock set, since it'll stop people trying to swipe your roof-bars. The risk of theft may not be an issue for you, but I often go to cycling events in, shall we say, less than salubrious locations and have seen several incidents where people have had their roof-bars/bike carriers nicked.

Currently in root-two's garage:
1999 Clio 1.2RN Grande (D7F)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome