Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Avantime, Vel Satis or Citroen XM..?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 30th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi to everyone for their warm welcomes and advice so far...

Been speaking to a friend of a twice Avantime owner yesterday when looking at an XM (more in a bit)... Seems both had tiny niggles but otherwise one was fine and the other was a complete dog. Saying that - after the past few years, would the doggy ones be weeded out and generally sorted by now or do they tend to be problematic for some time.

Drove down to look at this XM in my Xanita - getting back in and driving the XM (a very, very nice late top spec one) felt more of an experience than merely just driving - there's a real sense of occasion than with my Xanita, even though it too is a V6.

It's that sense of occasion that I can imagine is there with the Avantime when stationary but maybe drops out of the equation when on the move.

I do like the looks of the Vel Satis but wonder, despite the impressive interior, whether there's much of that sense of occasion there (sorry, I know that's all down to personal taste). I just have an inkling it might feel like a bigger Laguna rather than a comfortable, luxury, cruising car.

I guess I'll have to try harder to hunt one of each down closer to me else if that XM's still for sale in a couple of weeks it might be on my drive...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome