Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sport 197 Purchase Opnions Needed

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2007
Mark Burke
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Ernie,

I am also the owner of a new 197 and have now had the car 4 months.

I seriously would be hard pushed to recommend buying one it has been a huge disappointment to me. I also have had a few choice hot hatch legends including the R5 turbo .

I find the car difficult to live with on a day to day relationship although you mentioned that you only want it for the weekend. The car is very unrefined for long journeys and for motorway use. I commute to London and back daily in mine a round trip of about 120 miles and I feel like I have rolled down a very rough hillside by the time I get out of it - Dazed & Confused!! At present the only fault I have had with the car is the bloody alarm system - it constantly activates after a journey. I also have cold running issues like Mark too and the front brakes are grinding already.
The gearbox ratios are no good for high speeed use namely motorways although my dealer told me at the weekend that Renault announced internally that the ratios are being changed on the new ones.
Hope this helps too.
Currently in Mark Burke's garage:
2007 Renaultsport Clio 197
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome