Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Buyer's Guides - V6 Variant - Member Opinions and Buyers Advice

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I hope you're happy with your V6. Mine has been a pain in the ass, in the last year... coil spring snapped, drivers window cable snapped occasional ecu fault lights and the latest, my gearbox has failed, it doesn't seem to be engaging gear at all both forward or reverse and using manual makes no difference. I was wiling to forgive the car for the little things but the fact that two other people at work also had coil spring snap on Laguna II's dented my confidence. The gearbox has been the final straw. Now that Renault own a big chunk of Nissan, maybe they can do all new renault owners a favour and let Nissan build the cars for them as they seem incapable of building reliable vehicles. I will never buy another Renault and if any smarmy salesman approaches me in the dealership.... I swear i'll lay him out!
PS does anyone know why a V6 auto box would fail to engage gear, it seems to be trying but only when the revs drop again. I checked the oil on the dipstick and seems ok.
Currently in grahamsoton's garage:
2001 Laguna II 3.0 V6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome