Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much have you spent on your Renault this year

View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Ivor_E_Tower
The Scenic has cost far too much to keep on the road this year.
Service and MOT 240
4 new tyres, front brake discs and pads (required to get it through the MOT) 450

...and loads of money (around 20 so far and counting) on bulbs.... it's almost unbelievable ... MTBF calculations or whatever ... both headlamp bulbs, both front sidelamp bulbs (one twice, new orange indicator bulbs at the rear as a precaution for the MOT ...... and now a rear numberplate lamp ... only when I went to change it, over the years the heat has melted the bulbholder assembly so it needs a new one.... and how much for 2 small pieces of plastic that clip together?
24!!! I almost fainted when the dealer told me the price ... and they have to order it in so won't be available until Friday (I'll collect on Saturday). Then I'll post some photos in a new thread asking others to comment on outrageous spares prices. This means that for instance, a 1998 Scenic could be written off by the insurers if it needs a new tailgate assembly complete, due to the total price of all the parts needed. Ridiculous
Currently in Ivor_E_Tower's garage:
2014 Captur dCi EDC; 2014 Ka 1.2 Zetec; 2015 C-Max 1.6 TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome