Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Some Laguna ?s..New Member Please Be Nice..

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Some Laguna ?s..New Member Please Be Nice..

Hi everybody

I have just joined this forum after many years of owning a Renault Clio and just recently (2 days ago) upgraded to a Laguna 1.9 DCI on a 2002 plate with 70,000 on the clock.

I did not know that this forum existed! I have spend a good few hours reading the articles and would like to thank everybody that contributes towards making this forum a fabulous place to seek help and get advice as well as share experiences.

I have a few question about my new Laguna that I hope you could help me with.

1. In the engine coolant compartment, can I use water or do I need to buy specific coolant liquid which I use out of the bottle. In my Clio, all I needed to do was put a bit of antifreeze and then top up with water. What coolant would be recommended?

2. The previous owner advised me to use Semi Synthetic oil , however my neighbor who has the same car tells me that I should use Synthetic oil ? I am confused. I don't have a handbook so don't know which oil to get. What brand is recommended.

3. The car has 70,000 on the clock. would a replacement timing/cam belt be recommended? do these cars have a timing or cam belt? If so would it be recommend to get anything else changed at the same time, such as a water pump? Any advice is much appreciated.

4. I read something about EGR valves that get dirty and need to be cleaned to help efficiency. I asked a mechanic about this and he basically gave me a blank stare. I really am too afraid to do this myself. How much would it cost to get this done. Anyone recommend a place close to Bradford, West Yorkshire?

Any other advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I live in Bradford, West Yorkshire. SO if anybody could recommend a honest reasonably priced garage or a place to buy oils, parts, etc. I will be grateful.

I will share my experiences with my car with the community and hopefully it wont be such a bumpy ride
  5 Lastest Threads by parade2k
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Some Laguna ?s..New Member Please Be Nice.. Cars & motoring dok_golf 17 3005 31st December 2007 08:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome