Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Head Gasket Replacement*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 1st January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Bob,

Well, I tinkered with the air valve on the radiator - No spluttering etc so quite whats causing that water swirling sound I've no idea.

Well, I'm afraid ours probably isn't in quite as good condition as yours - especially under the hood!

Here's some pics I took today on the phone to show you:

This is the beast the moves our motor:

This is some of the oil thats on the engine case at the front by the oil filter:

Oil leak at the rocker cover

Was this the crystalline deposits you were talking about? - It's on top of the engine ABOVE the leaks so I assumed not..

Not terribly proud of this but here's the dirty coolant tank as seen from the outside:

On a slightly different note, some corrosion I need to get dealt with when the windscreen gets replaced again (when the chip turns into a crack):

Scratch where some git keyed it before delivery:

Engine from above (I know your going to think I'm cruel standing on the car for this pic but I couldn't think of another way to get you a decent shot - I wanted you to get a detailed look):

Inside the coolant tank - Looks rather dirty (excuse the whilte around the outside - camera phone - exposure isn't very good) Note that the coolant is orange where I put in the halfords pink coolant and it's mixed with older oily coolant:

Bottom of the radiator is not looking healthy - I didn't even realise it was this bad until I shoved the camera down there and snapped this pic:

Small dent to the drivers wing thanks to some idiot in a kent highways uniform (Insurance company wrote off the car as Cat D so we got 720 for it - which we spent on the bravo which blew its G/box away Grrr):

This is damage from the previous owner - When we bought the car we knew the previous owner had a minor prang which had been cheaply repaired - This is it (one day I'll try to get this fixed):

Something good to show at last - Nothing nasty looking coming out of the exhaust (Yes the engine is running):

This is one of the main reasons I don't want to let this car go - The mileage being so low:

I'd really be interested to know what this is (it's behind the drivers door). It's making a high pitched whining noise but only when the engine is running:

Yet another possible fault - This (which I'm pointing at) is making a funny buzzing rattling sound when the engine is running:

The new TDC sensor which I can proudly say I fitted myself (Note however that the plug on it is completely the other way around from the old TDC which I've also photo'd):

Are these lines meant to line up?:

This is the back loight panel on the passenger side. Some of these pins are slightly loose:

Plug for the above - After I've been at it with a screwdriver. Note that the bottom bits (bottom in this photo - top in real life when fitted) are the bits I've attacked with the screwdriver. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference and the connection is still very dodgy:

And finally, the most stubborn part of this car which took me months to learn to master and control with sheer brute force mixed with technique, I proudly present the clutch pedal (Note I've worn it down to the metal it's given me such a fight on a daily basis):

I've got other photo's in the "Your first Renault..." thread here
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome