Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Head Gasket Replacement*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 1st January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Bob925 View Post
I would be seriously interested in the chap you mentioned that gets K7M engines in. Although mine is running sweet as at the mo, its always good to know for when the inevitable comes. Might be a wise idea for you to get a second hand engine for your car if she really is that poorly. It's a big job, but with the hire of an engine crane and a few tools you could feasibly do the job on your own drive!
1st Call Renault Ltd: 01268 566 755

The chap I spoke to said that they only buy insurance write offs. He said they don't buy MOT failures, non-starters etc as they have no idea about the engine. He said they nearly always test the engine when they take it out, it comes with 90 days warranty and he said that they should be able to fit a cam belt for the belt cost plus 10-20 before sending.

The 250 price Includes delivery charge of 75. The engine itself is actually only 175. Not sure about VAT.

I'm defo gonna grab one about march time (once this bravo gearbox failure has been recovered from financially) so that our beast has got a backup incase this one goes kaput and needs a serious re-build. Also gonna grab an engine hoist too..

You can never have too many spare engines lying around
Currently in delta1066's garage:

Last edited by delta1066; 1st January 2008 at 03:39 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome