Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trafic sliding door external handle replacement

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2016 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Trafic sliding door external handle replacement

The top of the handle came free so ordered a new handle from eBay .

First of all the internal trim needed loosened. I've got a Passenger and the plastic is brittle on the fasteners but a trim removal tool helped. The internal door release needed a torx and the lock button just pulled off.

3 torx bolts saw the lock mechanism freed from the door frame and moved out of the way. Two 10mm nuts secure the external handle and a blob of grease in the socket stopped them dropping into the door.

The handle should have pulled free but the pin that secured the top of the handle had slid to the side jamming the whole handle in the frame. A drift from the outside pushed the pin through so the handle could be pulled away from the body and the cable released.

Of course the eBay bought handle didn't fit well. It's bowed so doesn't mate well with the door. I used the bits from the new handle to refurbish the old then replaced it. If like mine the top of the handle had come free then no need to purchase a new handle for parts. You could happily fit a cheap bolt from your gubbins draw!

All in 30 mins tops. Sorry no photos!
Currently in ballibeg's garage:
2008 Trafic passenger 2.0dci 115
The Following User Says Thank You to ballibeg For This Useful Post:
batfink5 (9th February 2016)
  5 Lastest Threads by ballibeg
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Whining ancillary belt Trafic 2.0 dci 115 Engines ballibeg 10 221 12th August 2016 07:05 PM
Trafic number plate light not getting 12v Electronics ours2012 2 79 18th July 2016 08:40 PM
Ha ha Jokes & funny stuff funkoval 14 483 2nd May 2016 08:36 PM
Trafic 2.0 PAS pump Steering and Suspension ballibeg 7 347 8th April 2016 05:09 PM
Driving test General Chat ballibeg 31 986 13th March 2016 07:42 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome