Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Computerised MOT's

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 28th February 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3

I had my Computorised MOT today, there were no delays of any kind at the garage, and it passed.

My worry on going for the mot is that it will not pass the emmision tests, The readings on my car were CO level 0%! allowed 20%. and HC 8 ppm allowed 200 ppm.

The tester said the brakes on the car would stop a train.

One good thing about the new system is that as all details of passes or failures go to VOSA, an earlier post mentioned about having an mot done at halfords saying they would rip you off by inventing quick but lucrative faults to repair, whilst my car was being tested the examiner brought this up saying that it could not happen because VOSA would soon find this out and descend on the garage like a ton of bricks!

He also implied that VOSA were looking into the idea of delaying mots for new cars until they were 5 years old as there are very few cars failing up to this age, Of coures if this ever came about it could affect used car prices or availability.
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.

Last edited by davesss; 28th February 2006 at 03:51 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome