Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Folding Mirrors: One in and one out! HELP

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Folding Mirrors: One in and one out! HELP

Not sure how this has happened and I can't find a definate answer for my Scenic II or any other Renault on here or via Google.
My driver's side mirror is out of sync with the passenger side. When operating the switch on parking this leads to only the driver's side folding in. Before driving, when the switch is reversed, the driver's side opens out and the passenger one closes, this has to then be manually pulled out, but worse happens whilst driving as the passenger one then re-folds all by itself!!! This in turn leading to a quick pit stop to push it out again.....every bloody time!!!

This has only started happening recently as if a passerby has unfolded and refolded the passenger side mirror causing them to unsync.
So does anyone know of a reset or re-sync for this senario, I've tried pushing the passenger one the entire other way into a third position (it has three positions, the in parked one, the middle driving one and a third pointing out one) in the hope it will come back to the middle position but alas nothing works!

Any ideas, it's driving me up the wall!!
Currently in sjcuk's garage:
Renault Scenic

Last edited by sjcuk; 3rd January 2008 at 05:10 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by sjcuk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Folding Mirrors: One in and one out! HELP Electronics Asterix 18 2689 3rd January 2008 04:27 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome