Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Come on, Whats the WORST car you have ever OWNED!?

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My worst car was an old Citroen Duane 6. You know the one: the 'luxury' version of the famous (notorious?) 602cc Deux Cheveux.

Bought for 150 from a workmate, its rear seat had been totally destroyed (eaten, actually) by Tiny, the owner's Great Dane. There were holes in the floor through which you could see the road rushing past (well, moving slowly past, to be more accurate), and there was a worrying knocking sound from the CV joints. Oh, and the exhaust gases emerged dangerously into the passenger foot well, necessitating the roof down even in the worst winter weather. Ahhh. happy days .....

All the seats could be removed in about 1 minute flat. Being 6'7" tall, I found that I could actually drive the thing while perched on what was left of the rear seat, while a friend stood and did his Irwin Rommel impersonation through the sunroof.

So, yes, this was undoubtedly my worst car mechanically speaking, but as for laughs per mile, it couldn't be beaten!!!

Currently in chiefkeefe's garage:
Mitsubishi 'i', a Honda Jazz SE Sport, a Honda SH300i scooter, and an MZ TS 250/1 Supa 5. Used to own a Kangoo 1.5dCi

Last edited by chiefkeefe; 4th January 2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Confusion, memory tricks and 'creative' spelling
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome