Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Head Gasket Replacement*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Bob!

Thanks for your input! - Great to hear from another clutch abuser

My TDC sensor only cost about 20 quid, but the lamda sensor was the expensive one @ 80 approx and I've still not managed to get the old one out to put the new one in!

Unfortunately the A frame corrosion is getting worse. When we first had the car it was just paint which was looking bubbly. Since then the paint has come off and the corrosion seems to be getting worse by the week. Not entirely sure how to get that dealt with other than to get my neighbour to do it when the screen gets removed for replacement - and that won't be any time soon as in Feb I'm going to grab another engine (and a hoist if I can stretch to it).

On a positive note, yesterday we went to the breakers for a bit. I managed to grab a black plastic strip for the drivers door (is it called a trim?) - U know the bit which says 1.6e on it.. and the plastic things from the door which it clips onto! Luckily I had my lady with me who found a proper megane fuel cap in the car which I was very pleased with as our temporary one was such a pain. I also grabbed some speakers too... only to find that although our megane has the wiring in place (with the correct plugs) the original stereo doesn't appear to support them. There is no control on it for the back speakers and when connected - Nothing Oh well, at least I got some fitting speakers for the day I get another stereo

Nice to hear you got rear foglights that work! - Ours have completely packed up. Don't know whats up with them but the bulbs are fine. There was voltage in the sockets too so something isn't quite right. I should of grabbed some rear bulb clusters yesterday at the breakers but my lady was freezing and I was so excited with the speakers, fuel cap and door thing I forgot about anything else useful!

Oh, how easy would it be to fit front foglights to our megane? - If I got the parts from a broken megane would it be possible to install into our megane which doesn't have them?

EDIT: Sorry forgot to say no ours has no air con so should be cheaper to fix up eh? - When engine is replaced I'm intending to do the engine block mounts at the same time as I'm certain at least 2 are knackered but it won't hurt to give it 3 new ones. Also on the hit list is that radiator too along with a water pump if I can source one at a reasonable price.. (Any ideas of the cost for a new one?). Not sure what to do about the coolant tank - Can this simply be washed out?
Currently in delta1066's garage:

Last edited by delta1066; 4th January 2008 at 12:24 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome