Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Worst and best cheap cars?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Our 2 cars fit both best and worst.
1) Renault Megane: Wonderful motor, very comfy, lovely drive but things tend to go wrong frequently. As long as you can financially keep up with the cost of repairs it's nothing to worry about. Anyway on the grounds of the cars comfort and personality I'll grade it as best. They can be picked up for about 700 on ebay though you'll probably only get a year out of one if you don't maintin it properly and replace parts. Despite costing me a fortune to keep on the road, we're keeping this car for the forseeable future.

2) Fiat Bravo. I'll save the dribble and grade it as worst right here and now. We had it 2 weeks and the gearbox blew itself away and has just cost me 176 for a replacement from a breakers, time hunting around scrapyards, Oh and now I've got a replacement, I've now got 150 to pay the mechanic to get it fitted A New gearbox from Fiat is 800 and the chap that announced it was only too happy to tell me so. Definately not good. I'm told that Fiat gearboxes are not quite upto the grade. We're still thinking about whether or not to keep it once it's fixed.
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome