Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #508 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2016
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

Hi Charlie,

Takes a while, but if you go back to the first page of the thread, and read all the posts, you will see that, eventually there was a 'quality action' by Renault wrt to this issue. When I read the thread, nearly 3 years ago, I went and found the 2007 magazine article, and showed it to my local dealership. (I have a 2002 Phase 2 dCi). They said that mine, because it is a parallel import, wouldn't have the same part numbers, that mine was outside the recall, as it was for 2000-1 models, and that even after 6 years, owners were still being called in to have the necessary remediation carried out. I wasn't happy, because they didn't back up their 'oh it's different' words with actions, i.e., actually check the door mirrors. So I ended up getting RUK involved. Essentially, they told the dealer to sort it. I had to pay 90 for the privilege, but a small price to pay, in order to prevent a write off due to fire damage.

'Oh mice, dear mice, I love you all, but there are so many of you' (Bagpuss, 1973)
Currently in karenlouise1967's garage:
Scenic 1.9 dCi Privilege, before that a heap of rubbish aka Scenic 2.0 RXE now finally moved from neighbour's drive by the recyclers, before that a much loved Megane 1 Coupe 2.0 (RIP)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome