Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Serious Electrical Issues

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
This may sound silly, but you haven't fitted a Sat Nav or Bluetooth device near the sensor that sits behind the rear view mirror? I had similar problems to yours (apart from battery), weird messages with errors from sensors that weren't fitted (tyre pressures), wipers going berserk, radio volume going from deafening to silent and back again, whistling noise when locks set and others. This is a Scenic 1.9dci Privilege 2004 and the problems were from new for nearly three years and finally, after much investigation, turned out to be my Trafficmaster receiver which I had mounted on the windscreen next to the lights/wipers sensor. Moved it down to ashtray location (by sliding console) and everything began working properly. Seemed that a spurious signal from the receiver was getting into the sensor and into the wiring bus creating havoc with the ECUs. Dealer had one Megane with a Bluetooth device cause similar problems.
Currently in kitbooth's garage:
2013 Captur 0.9TCE Dynamique + R-Link 2010 Megane CC Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome