Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 98 V6 Laguna bulb question??

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by carl66 View Post
The only issues I have are the delicate nature of the gearbox and the lack of info on them. Apart from that the rest is good and I cant fault mine .
I agree, although I have discovered that the auto box for the V6 is different to those of the rest of the range.

There is no fancy method of checking the fluid level as on the smaller engined cars, just an old fashioned dipstick. problem is that it is hidden under the air filter housing and, like most of the modern designs, requires lots of dismantling to do the most simple of jobs.

Bought my Laguna "blind" and made allowance for some work that might be needed. My biggest concern was, as carl66 says, the delicate nature of the box - loads of cheap cars for sale with "dead" transmissions - but so far the only hint was a growing extended delay to get into reverse which was solved by topping up the fluid.

Only major expense so far has been cambelt change (done as a precaution as there was no service history) and replacement of disks and pads all round. Next job will probably be replacement of one of the rear calipers which was very sticky when changing the disk/pads.

Otherwise I have been very pleased with my Lag and intend to hang on to it for some time.
Currently in Gasjunkie's garage:
Renault Laguna Executive 3.0l 24V V6 Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome