Join Date: Jul 2006
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
There are a number of factors which need investigating before purchasing an aftermarket warranty;
- Is it transferrable to any future owner? This will enhance the car's value to some degree.
- Is it an 'inclusion' (all parts that the warranty covers will be listed), or an 'exclusion' type (whereby everything is covered except specific items).
- Is there a limit to the number of claims & the claim value?
- What are the vehicle servicing requirements vs what the warranty requires?
- In the event of making a claim, can the car be repaired at an outlet convenient to you, or must it be transported to an approved repairer?
- Can approval for a claim be given before the work commences, or must you pay it first, then claim it back?
These are the most salient points. I personally use a company called warrantyworks, and have found their coverage comprehensive, and premium competitive.
Hope that helps,
This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater