Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electrical problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Electrical problems

Hello,about 2 weeks ago I was sat in my Scenic 1.9dci 2002 waiting for her indoors I decided to sound the horn to try to hurry her up,the ignition was off,no keys in ignition & when I pressed the horn all I got was smoke from underneath the airbag centre of steering wheel& no sound from the horn,I removed airbag & found the wiring for the 3 horn push contacts had melted & burned out.I obtained another peice of loom & fitted it but horn does not work,fuze is ok,removed and tested horn its ok,can`t understand why it should melt the horn push wiring as I think it is just the earth to the horn.
Today I noticed when I started the engine & drove off I had no heater blower on any of the 4 speeds,after about 2 minutes driving they started working in all speeds.Stopped car left for about 1 hour then same thing hapened.Works fine once it`s started working.
Don`t know if these 2 can be connected.
Any help please.
Currently in balithbe's garage:
2002 Renault Scenic 1.9dci
  5 Lastest Threads by balithbe
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Electrical problems Electronics edthedead 3 1226 5th January 2008 08:08 PM
Scenic gearbox noise Transmissions tucny 3 1951 26th August 2007 07:04 PM
2002 Scenic 1.9dci glow plug light on while... Engines dav214 14 9339 24th June 2007 07:28 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome