Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Head Gasket Replacement*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 5th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Bob

Well the gearbox has been installed into the bravo and yes it was actually the correct one (apparently Fiat kept changing the design on the bravo resulting in approx 20 variants). Unfortunately it started to rain and get dark at the same time so while the mechanic got most of the job done, he didn't quite finish (much to the annoyance of Mrs Delta).

Anyway, our megane finally gave up the ghost today. It won't even pick up speed in 2nd gear now. When you first pull away it's ok for 2 or 3 minutes and then thats it, intermittent power loss. This evening when I gave it a little drive by the time I got back I could smell oil burning badly. It is now in a state where I would be unable to use it even if I wanted to (which I don't but since the bravo went bang I didn't have much choice). Anyway hopefully at the end of this month but possibly next, I'll grab another engine and get that installed. Trouble is I then still need to get the other parts somehow.

I've decided that the next car I go for will be a safrane (2.5 ltr exec version). Engine is a volvo so it'll eat miles for breakfast. 5 cylinder, 20 valves! It'll be a bit expensive to run so I thought it would be a weekend motor - use the megane for all other things (yes we're keeping the megane - I have plans for that car!).

U know being at the scrappie the other day, the bit I'm most proud of bringing home was the proper Megane fuel cap! You have no idea how annoying those temporary ones are!

Still need to fit that door plastic thing though but until it gets its new promised engine I'm not in a hurry (Though I think thats why it's finally given up the ghost - it's waiting for me to prove I'm genuine and supply another engine..)
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome