Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Head Gasket Replacement*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 5th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Delta, good to hear from you again! We should start a new thread - The Delta and Bob Megane Gripe Thread!

I'm sorry to hear that the Megane has effectively died. I Know the feeling, it's like being kicked quite sharpish in the balls. Well it was for me anyway!

I know I suggested the engine swap myself, but I reckon you shouldn't give up on the existing motor. If you find a decent independant mechanic, find the bits you need to save your current engine, then you shouldn't be paying out much over 500. I know thats a lot of dosh, but could well be worth it. After all a second hand engine could have all sorts opf issues that you don't know about. The engine you have is the engine that you know about... If you do go for a new engine then I'm assuming you'll bolt the engine up to your existing gearbox. make sure you stick a new clutch in while you're at it, and a bearing (I really can't remember if its a thrust or relaese bearing!!!) piece of mind there as its an engine out job for the clutch on Megane's, apparently.

I hope all goes well with the Bravo - and I'll stick a few piccies of my car on here tomorrow when its lighter.

Currently in Bob925's garage:
2015 '65 Vauxhall Astra SRi, and a variety of "lovely" buses

Last edited by Bob925; 5th January 2008 at 09:59 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome