Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #74 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Same problem as described many times above - and once again in the outside lane at 70 (ish!!) mph)

Immobiliser Light came on, and "limp mode" activated - jees, did I cause a tail-back of traffic on the way home.

Excellent auto diagnostic chappy told me he got various readings from the OBDII plug (including the ubiquitous throttle body , which Renault loving replacing for 100s of ponds!)

However, he checked it further on oscilloscope, and thought they might be false readings - discovered the wiring loom was worn leading to ecu , causing all sorts of errors and the constant switching to limp mode.

He stripped back worn wires, reinsulated and problems have gone!

The codes have been erased, so if I have any further problems, the codes are likely to be genuine, and not a result of the ecu earthing out.

If there's anyone in the north east of England with this problem, let me know and I'll give you this guy's details - very good value for money!!

Last edited by Cav60; 6th January 2008 at 10:09 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome