Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Brown brake fluid Espace 3.0 54

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thank you for that dancindad

I've been worrying like hell and even more so now that I can't remove the cap because it appears I may have not screwed it back on straight :-(

I have some fantastic cover with the RAC, I was going to call them out to have a look. I know, sounds silly doesn't it!?

The fluid looked pretty disgusting when I opened the cap yesterday and the bottle in general looked old and filthy!
The fluid didn't look like it was running low but the Espace 54 bottle is smaller than what I have seen for the newer models so I'm having difficulty assessing the accurate level of it

I haven't had it changed since I've had the car but it went for servicing when the previous owner sold it to a company I bought it from. The year before she sold it she had it changed - that was 3.5 years ago now.

I'm such a worrier...
I have had the odd occasion where the brake pedal felt really stiff and the only time I've felt the brake spongy is after it's come from a car wash......

It squeaks when it's not been used for a couple weeks too ..... I worry so much about it!

I booked it in this morning for a full service and brake fluid change in a weeks time however, if that fluids been in the car untouched since I purchased it, it could cause me to have a long expensive bill couldn't it

I've even had prices quoted for new discs and pads - 350 for the two at the front.....
Just to add to everything else
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome