Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2 Problems - Both Mysterious

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2 Problems - Both Mysterious

Problem 1 : Turning left at high speed (70+) is VERY unstable. When you start to turn left its normal, then suddenly with the next bit of the turn it will jolt violently, controllable only if you are expecting it. Its been like this for well over a year, I brought the Laguna from my parents and they said when Renault serviced it they never picked up a problem, and I had it serviced by Kwik-Fit and the same. /Update/ Offside lower ball joint!

Problem 2: Very noisy rear suspension, garage thought it was the broken springs my car had, but after replacing them no difference. Sounds like something sticking, almost squeeky but not high pitched. Happens over 50% of speed bumps. Garage mentioned that some real axle rubbers had worn, could this contribute to the problem or is it likely to be something bigger than that. /Update/ is just the suspension bushes, yet another common Laguna problem.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Currently in DaneC's garage:
'03 Laguna 2.0T, previously '91 Clio 16V

Last edited by DaneC; 18th March 2008 at 12:12 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by DaneC
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Rattle when accelerating (Laguna 2 2.0T) Engines DaneC 1 1391 4th August 2010 02:32 PM
Sat Nav Attenna Connector (Lag II) Electronics DaneC 2 1129 15th May 2010 12:30 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome