Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2 Problems - Both Mysterious

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Bob925 View Post
Hi, welcome to the forums!
Thankyou very much

Problem no.1 sounds really scary. I take it this is cornering on Motorways and the like?
Yeah, you have to prepare for it, thankfully its not a random thing, happens in the same place, in the same way everytime. Its only scary when overtaking on a sharp left hand bend, (well sharp for a dual carriageway anyway). Its sounds like a mechanical problem yet its never been noticed by any garage, and its had at least 2 services like that.

Problem no.2 sounds like a worn out axle/rear suspension bush. Possibly even worn shock absorbers? I wouldn't have thought the springs would make the noises you describe but again someone more knowledgable than me (there are plenty!) may have a better answer.

Sounds reasonable but I mentioned to Kwik-Fit that the suspension made noise and the only think he could find wrong was the rubber. Maybe he just didnt bother looking properly, if only I could afford to take it to Renault. Thanks for your help though.
Currently in DaneC's garage:
'03 Laguna 2.0T, previously '91 Clio 16V

Last edited by DaneC; 6th January 2008 at 10:24 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome