Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2 Problems - Both Mysterious

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My van has similar high speed handling woes - it doesn't like those grooves that HGV's cut into the inside lane on motorways, particularly the M1 near here. It scares the s**t out of me every time even though I'm prepared for it.

To be honest I shouldn't bother with Kwik Fit. They did the CAT on my car a while back and the exhaust ended up banging on the bottom of the car and even leaking where it hadn't been doing before. Never again - the car went back 3 times and I just got fed up with them. And I had to pay for cups of coffee!

Find yourself a good local independant - all work done will be cheaper and they'll listen to you when you describe problems. I use a chap locally who is brilliant and is so much cheaper than the dealers. If you're near me I can recommend someone for you. I'm in North East Derbyshire.

EDIT: Just noticed you're in East Anglia. Perhaps someone else on the forum lives in that area and can recommend someone locally to you
Currently in Bob925's garage:
2015 '65 Vauxhall Astra SRi, and a variety of "lovely" buses

Last edited by Bob925; 6th January 2008 at 10:45 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome