Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Come on, Whats the WORST car you have ever OWNED!?

View Single Post
post #93 of (permalink) Old 7th January 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to root-two
OK, so neither of these were my cars, but they're worthy of mention:

My father's old BMW 3-series tourer - he bought it off my sister's ex (mistake number one) for £800 and then spent an inordinate amount of money on it (mistake number 2) including a new engine after a major breakdown on the M62 - the head gasket blew, followed by the rest of the engine dying in a suitably interesting fashion and ¤¤¤¤ing oil and whatnot all over the hard shoulder. The look on the AA man's face when he saw the carnage under the bonnet was interesting indeed. It's still a mystery how it ever got through an MOT and the remains were last seen (by me) heading to the great scrapyard in the sky - personally, I was overjoyed because he'd kept saying that I could have it when I passed my test

Also worthy of mention is one of my sister's first cars - a Mini which looked a bit like the thing that Mr.Bean drove. Trouble is, Mr.Bean's car actually went under its own power, didn't have a bloody great hole in the passenger side floor-pan (before any of the MOT testers here start frothing at the knees, the MOT certificate was dodgy!) and never had to be pushed off one of the busiest junctions in Preston when the gearbox threw a fit. Shortly after that, some local scum took a fancy to it and it was later found torched in a lay-by near the A6. An ignominious end to the second biggest pile of crap on four wheels (Dad's old BMW takes the top spot )
Currently in root-two's garage:
1999 Clio 1.2RN Grande (D7F)

Last edited by root-two; 7th January 2008 at 12:37 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome