Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - electric handbrake issue

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Batfink5 & ours2012. In answer to your replies, I hit the lunp of stone on Tuesday evening on my way home from work. The front tyre deflated overnight so i pumped it up Wednesday morning and took the car to my mechanic in the next town a couple of miles away. The vibration was not evident then but i never managed to get above 20mph. In Thursday morning on the M1 is when i noticed the vibration at about 45mph, it doesn't get any worse up to 70mph. As my mechanic went to remove the nearside rear wheel for balancing he realised the handbrake on that side was inoperative. Whenever i have had tyres fitted by my mechanic everything has been spot on, used him for 20 years or so without issue. I suppose it is possible he has missed some damage on one of the alloys so I'm going to put the spare on the nearside wheels in turn to help eliminate that issue. Did i spot one thread in which someone kept working the handbrake cable with lubricant and eventually freed the cable and cured the problem?
Currently in chunkymunky's garage:
toyota rav4 renault megane sport tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome