Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.2 Dynamique, 2002 - Electrics

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th January 2008 Thread Starter
Pandora Black
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio 1.2 Dynamique, 2002 - Electrics

Hi Guys,

Just found this forum, and hoped you may be able to help. I've had my Clio since maybe Feb of last year, and from maybe June onwards I have had a similar problem.

The first time it happened, I was coming up to a roundabout and the engine just seemed to lose all power, and the electric fault light came on. It was as if I had put it in too high a gear, if that makes sense? Is this referred to as limp mode? Anyway, I got it home as I was very close and restarted - all was fine.

Soon after, I put it in for a service, they read the computer looking for an error code, but their were too many on there to try and find the right one (!!). So they wiped it, and couldn't find anything wrong by looking at it etc.

However, a similar thing happens intermittently. Either as soon as I start the engine and am at a standstill, or soon after in a traffic jam, the light comes on again and power is completely lost - it's as if I have stalled. I restart and the electric light is still there, and I have to rev it a lot to get it to work ok and for the light to disapear.

It has also had an MOT since this started happenining.

Anybody got any clues? Sorry if the above makes no sense, I'm not very good with cars. I don't want to take it in to the garage as I am skint until pay day, and, although annoying, the problem is manageable.

Thanks in advance
  5 Lastest Threads by Pandora Black
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio 1.2 Dynamique, 2002 - Electrics Electronics Pandora Black 2 685 7th January 2008 03:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome