Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Driver Seat Airbag Deployed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Driver Seat Airbag Deployed

Hello all,

Recently had a small accident in m 2003 Dci Clio (Dynamique Billabong). I hit the rear right hand wheel of the car against a curb, deploying the seat airbag and pretensioner. My reckoning is I have 2options to fix this:

1) Buy airbag and pretensioner unit and fit
2) Attempt to locate fully intact seat (in right colour) and fit

Now my problem with option 1 is that after the airbag is fitted the seat will need to be this instance i'm concerned that the stitching might be too strong to allow the airbag to me overcautious but if i did sell the car i wouldn't feel good about this.

Does anyone have any knowledge on these things and whether the two options are actually viable? As far as I'm aware, airbags aren't on the 'testable items' list for an MOT but with the light on the dash i'm concerned it'll be pretty dependant on the tester i get.

5 Lastest Threads by maestro85
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Side airbag deployment - steps to fix? Electronics maestro85 4 1768 28th May 2012 06:27 PM
Right hand indicator always on Electronics clunk.stp 1 737 28th February 2008 09:39 PM
Clio Driver Seat Airbag Deployed Electronics 123loveley 5 3924 7th January 2008 04:06 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome