Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What would you do, keep or change?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I'm with mister_cee on this (though not for the maths side as I have no idea of depreciation values).

If the car is reliable, cheap to run and has such a high mpg then I personally would keep it.

Any car is going to need expensive maintenance unfortunately at some time in it's life. Thats all cars are - expensive.

What you really need to ask yourself is this: Do YOU want another car or do you want to keep your current one?

When you work out the answer to that, you've solved it yourself

On that note I'll add that we got a 1997 1.6 Megane. The head gasket has blown itself away and to get it done would cost arount 600. So, we've stuck it in the rear car park behind our house. Until we can get a replacement engine it's serving as a rather nice tool shed on wheels (It still moves in 1st gear) but we're not letting it go. IT needs various expensive things doing to it but it cost us just 80 to keep when the insurance company wrote it off. For 80 you couldn't even buy the chassis, shell and interior so 175 for another engine and a few bits of maintenance is peanuts really when you think about it.
Currently in delta1066's garage:

Last edited by delta1066; 8th January 2008 at 04:27 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome