Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Interferance

Thread: Interferance
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to huwwatkins

I've installed a Revo aftermarket digital radio in the car however I seem to be getting a lot of background noise.

This happens when the ignition is on but engine off and when the engine is on.

The noise sounds like the sort you'd get on AM radio a sort of sweeping up and down whine.

Also, when the sat nav disc reader is accessing the disc that also produces interferance.

So far I have tried : Installing a ground loop islolator between the revo and the aux in on the stereo. This has minimal effect.

Powering the revo from a separate 12v battery to rule out power line noise. This didn't seem to have any effect while just the ignition was on but I couldnt test while the car was running (ran out of time)

Also, if i touch the aerial copnnection going in to the revo it seems to change the interference, sometimes it will make it worse, sometimes will quiten it a bit which I thought was odd.

I'm slightly at a loss now.

Any ideas?

Currently in huwwatkins's garage:
2010 Laguna Coupe GT
  5 Lastest Threads by huwwatkins
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
tyre sealant and TPM? Wheels & tyres huwwatkins 10 2367 24th December 2012 03:37 PM
Why type of connector is this? Electronics huwwatkins 7 1822 26th November 2012 09:31 AM
Upgrading carminat tomtom to live? Electronics pierredaniil 3 6613 22nd November 2012 05:11 PM
Rough steering? Steering and Suspension huwwatkins 6 1385 20th November 2012 07:57 AM
Laguna Coupe GT My mottah! addyboy 9 7636 19th November 2012 12:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome