Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 97 Mk 1 Clio - Cut out and Service

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by dhassen View Post
ah well if it's a lot it's a lot - nothing I can do about it now! I got quite a bit of feedback from various people saying it was a fair price, if not fair then very fair - you're the first whos said it's a lot! anyway, I had the work done about 2 months ago now, and everything seems fine. Money well spent, even if it was over the odds!
I don't think you paid a lot, and as you say its running well it was worth the cost. The guy who said you paid a lot also said that although his was cheeper his idle was off so he seems to have also got what he paid for!!

I brought a 1997 Clio last week for 900. with 72k and full service history. The seller was a mechanic who had brought it off a guy who couldnt pay the 1500. that the Puugeot dealer wanted to fix the damage from the snapped cambelt. The mechanic fixed it himself and sold it on. It's a great car. It just goes to show that parts are real cheep but labour at 62.50 an hour (here in Oxford) is a killer. My soliciotor charges 150.00 per hour and I cant think of any other people who can charge such a high hourly rate. Excepting lady's of the night!! But obviously I have never used their services
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome