Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ottomans new Car

View Single Post
post #55 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Truckbusuk View Post
Play-away and enjoy yourself otto, yup dealers can be touchie on test drives, although a couple of months back we had a Volvo XC90 for the weekend direct from Volvo UK ... delivered on a lowloader ... only stipulation was it had a full tank of diesel when delivered and they wanted it back with a full tank (and no dents or serious off-roading,) otherwise no more than 1000 miles please ... that was it ... very surprising

Dont know if they still do the extended unaccompanied programme any longer.

It was excellent though, the test drive and the car ... nothing fell off and it didnt breakdown once ... oh and no salesman breathing coffee and fag breath at you.

Enjoy and lets know how it went.
Yep thats the way to go Truckbusuk, Jeez some people have a quick trip round the corner and decide there and then, moan afterwards once the car is bought crazy.

I'm fortunate I have quite a few close links to a few Main dealers and they are quite good at giving me cars for at least 24 hours.

I hate going for a test drive with a salesman especially those that know nothing about the car.

I'm quite hard on a car in test drives

Nice motor the XC90 you thought about Volvo before you got your latest Espace ?

Yep will defo keep you updated Truckbusuk
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome