Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - V6 Autobox Problems

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 2nd March 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
A few comments to finish up this thread!!
- Took the car to my local Renault dealership. Only 72.26 per hour. They assure me they're the cheapest Renault in the area. Given that the nearest alternative is 50 miles away in Chester, that wouldn't be hard!
- The "technician", they don't call them mechanics any more, told me that there is only a limited amount that they are allowed to do to an auto box; "if changing the valve block doesn't fix it it's a recon box job" (at 1600).
We agreed on a basic fault check (the reason I want my own EOBD reader), for 1 hour's labour. Later in the day they phoned to say the oil was blackened and needed changing and did I want them to do it (1/2 hour labour plus 15 oil ). I picked up the car slightly better but still not right. Unless it gets MUCH worse, I'm not paying any more on that problem.
I suggested re-flashing the ecu (as suggested here), he said that might hide the problem but wouldn't fix it....
He showed me the service/repair record for the car - less than one page - he said was very good. Said that some Lagunas of that age were up to 3 pages - must be the turbo diesels I said - Aha, you know your Lagunas he said.

To be fair to the chap, he was friendly and willing to answer any questions, and obviously had a fair amount of Laguna experience.

Next job - change the bushes in the back axle - this weekend if the snow goes away.

Thanks for all the help. I suspect that as a Laguna owner I will be a frequent visitor to this group.

Currently in hidnmine's garage:
2007 Clio DCi Initiale, 2009 Audi A6, and a 2009 Triumph Sprint ST
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome